The Squirrel Project: Problem Solving Abilities of Squirrels

The goal of this project is to provide an informative and humorous look at how squirrels solve increasingly difficult obstacles in my backyard. The Squirrel Project was inspired by a BBC television show entitled "Daylight Robbery" and its more originally titled sequel "Daylight Robbery II” - Comments Welcome!!!

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Experiment 2005-0002a

Before I receive any negative e-mails, like last year, I must tell you that experiments 2005-0001 - 2005-0005 will not have any diagrams, material lists, images, or instructions. These are the fearless five. I gather my baseline data with these experiments to build a foundation that I can build my grand assumption. With last years theory I proved that squirrels do not like eat within a fire ring they would rather work to fill, aim and spray several squirt guns with the correct liquid. Several of the liquids would cause the fire to spread.

0002 needed to be modified because the current squirrel batch is drastically less intelligent than previous years. Several alternate solutions were provides and will be taken away one by one to see if this is merely just a hiccup of shyness on the part of the animals. Notes will follow.

2 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fire? How dare you!

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Edgar Max said...

Well I use a thin tube of copper with holes punched in it. I form a crude hoop. I then feed propane gass through the tube, light it and regulate the pressure from the tank.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home